HOW TO CREATE THE ULTIMATE AT HOME SPA EXPERIENCE
A day trip to a luxury spa is a rare and expensive treat and finding one to suit your budget and schedule can be tricky – and almost impossible due to the coronavirus pandemic. Many savvy spa fans are choosing to create indulgent home spa experiences to elevate their wellness or self-care routines. We love to retreat to the bathroom for a hot soak and firmly believe that an hour or so of pampering is time well spent. In this article, we’re sharing our top at home spa ideas and tips so that you can treat yourself to a luxurious beauty experience in your own bathroom anytime you like. You’re welcome!
The Benefits Of A Self-Care Routine
The term “self-care” may feel like a recent buzzword, but it is not a new concept, it’s just another way to describe “taking care of yourself” and we applaud its rise in popularity because there really is no excuse for not taking the time to do something for you or indulge in some pampering. Self-care varies from person to person as it’s unique to you and what benefits your physical end mental health. Our favourite forms of self-care are going for a brisk walk, cooking a nutritious yet delicious meal and you guessed it – a relaxing long soak in the bath! Practising a self-care routine has been clinically proven to reduce anxiety and stress, improve concentration, minimise frustration, increase happiness, improve energy, and more.
8 Steps To Create The Ultimate At Home Spa Experience
Do you spa? Our pro tips are designed to help you add a piece of escapism to your beauty routine in the form of a luxury at home spa day or even hour. Once you’ve been pampered once, albeit in your own bathroom, we’re sure you’ll be rebooking for next month or even next week! Follow our 8 simple steps and indulge in a spa session that fits perfectly with your budget and schedule:
- Make it scentsational: The first step in creating your home spa experience is to choose a scent to match your mood or the one you want to evoke. We often “spa” to relax, escape, or even lift our mood and the scent that you immerse yourself in is key to a satisfying spa experience. For example, lavender has been proven to calm or sooth anxiety and improve sleep, whereas the fresh, citrus aroma of lemongrass is ideal for a rejuvenating and stimulating experience. Alternatively, keep it simple and opt for a fragrance you like! Most can be categorised as fruity, citrusy, floral, or spicy - and often they are combined to create an irresistible scent.
- Engage all of your senses: After you’ve matched your scent to your mood consider your other senses such as touch, sight, and sound. Dim the lights to relax your eyes, bring out your fluffiest towels or bath robe and heat them up for a cosy hug, play your favourite low tempo music or try something instrumental so you don’t get distracted by the lyrics. These little touches synonymous with a spa day can make all the difference in creating a home spa experience that pampers your body and mind.
- Do not disturb: The most important rule of the at home spa experience is no technology allowed, switch off your smartphone and hang a do not disturb sign on your bathroom door. This is your time, so with no scrolling and no disruptions.
- Focus on the water feature: Plain bath water just will not cut it for your at home spa. It’s time to upgrade and invest in some luxurious bath products to deliver the ultimate soak heaven experience. From bath bombs to bath salts, and bath oils to bubble bath, we recommend choosing organic products which are naturally fragranced with essentials oils and will nourish rather than dry out your skin.
- Prepare your hydration station: Staying hydrated is essential in any pamper session, prepare a jug of iced water garnished with your favourite fruit and herbs to create a refreshing and delicious drink. Our favourite combinations are cucumber, mint and strawberry or blueberry, lemon, and rosemary. Decadent martini glass, optional!
- Light an organic candle: Bathing by candle light is a dreamy affair; the flicker of soft light as your favourite scent infuses the air around you is an absolute must. Tip! You don’t want any nasties polluting the air in your home spa so always choose an organic soy wax candle like those in our Soak Heaven organic spa gift boxes.
- Cleanse and exfoliate: Wash away the day with a nourishing soap and exfoliating natural sponge. Everybody should leave a spa with soft, glowing skin so don’t miss out this key step.
- Treat your eyes: We spend so much of time in front of a screen which can leave our eyes feeling dry and puffy. Your probably familiar with cooling cucumber slices but our favourite way to revive tired eyes in our home spa is with chilled chamomile or green tea bags. Simply steep two tea bags in almost boiling water for 3-5 minutes, remove and squeeze out excess water, refrigerate them until they are cool, place on your eyes for 10 minutes and relax! NB. If this causes any irritation stop immediately and rinse with warm water.
Gift A Soak Heaven Moment or Treat Yourself
We all know somebody who deserves to feel pampered and extra-special! Our beautifully presented spa gift boxes contain a carefully curated selection of premium, sustainable bath and home fragrance products to create an indulgent soak heaven moment at home. From the organic soy wax candle to the deluxe bath bomb, each box is themed with a gorgeous, naturally infused scent making them the perfect gift to celebrate any occasion. Finding the perfect gift for your Mum, Sister, best friend, or a treat for yourself is just a few clicks away, browse our selection of organic spa gift boxes and let our team prepare a gift to make them feel extra-special.